Do you remember this event organized by Pim last year? I do. And I also remember how successful it was. Last year no less than $17,000 was raised for UNICEF.
My first participation was last year and this year, I am excited to join a team of many more food bloggers who are going to support the event by donating prizes. This event is running for the third consecutive year. More details can be found on Pim’s blog here but in a nutshell, if you are not familiarized with the event, A Menu For Hope is a fund raising campaign which will support the United Nations World Food Programme, and will occur between Dec 11 until 22. We are fortunate to be able to eat pretty much what we want, when we want. So many people around the world cannot. By doing even just a little gesture, we can help.
The Prize I donate (UE16)
A lovely collection of recipes by no other than Donna Hay. A great addition on the cookbook shelf of anyone in love with Clean and Simple, Good-looking Healthy Food.
My prize contribution will be this cookbook by Donna Hay, a food author who has always inspired me tremendously, for her style and her clean and fresh recipes. There are a ton of great prizes (see details below).
How Does it Work?
This year, Pim is receiving the help of food bloggers to host the event according to regions. The list below summarizes the names and contacts of these key people.
US West Coast: Sam of Becks and Posh
US East Coast: Adam of the Amateur Gourmet
US (the rest): Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen
Canada: Jasmine of Cardamom Addict
Europe and UK: David Lebovitz of Davidlebovitz
Latin America: Melissa de Leon of the Cooking Diva
Asia Pacific: Helen of Grab Your Fork
1. Decide first what you want to buy tickets for by looking at the various prizes on each of the host’s blogs listed above, or on Pim’s blog.
2. Go to the donation page here.
3. Make a donation. Each US$10 donated will entitle you to receive one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize (prizes) you would be interested in in the ‘Personal Message’ section of the donation form. Tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. The code for my prize is UE16.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win.
6. Check on Pim‘s blog on January 15 when the results of the raffle will be announced. Note that the drawing will be done electronically.
We can help make a difference and give food to those who are not as lucky as we are! Thank you! I am sure this year will be even more successful than last year.