I always try to think about easy dessert that come handy when I have nothing at home, for those sudden dessert cravings that need to be quickly fulfilled! Now, those chocolate cakes might look very complex and long to make, but I promise, they require little time and are easy. A real piece of cake!
I have already made them on late evenings, after watching a movie, and they were just right.
So, if you like chocolate, you cannot be disappointed.
- 100 g butter, plus extra for moulds (I use mini charlotte molds)
- 250 g dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa)
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar (fine); I use a light cane one
- 2 tbsp flour, plus extra for moulds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for decoration and fresh raspberries (that is, if you have them then) or other berries
- Start by preheating your oven at 400F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl, using the bain-marie technique.
- Mix together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, until the preparation is very light and has almost tripled.
- Mix together with the chocolate, making sure not to break the preparation flufiness (Just do circular wrapping movements). Then add on top the flour and use that same gentle movement. The result will depend on how you accomplish those movements, so be careful. There is little flour so the cakes will rise if you do not break the egg whites.
- Pour an equal amount of the preparation in each mold (buttered and floured) and place in the oven for about 12 to 13 mns. Check frequently as they cook quickly.
- Decorate with raspberries, confectioner’s sugar and some vanilla crème anglaise if you want. I also made a blackcurrant coulis to serve with it.
You should participate to my chocolate recipe contest with such a nice cake. You could win the news PH10 book by Pierre Hermé 😉
This nice piece of cake is awakeming my appetite 😉
Thanks a lot! This is a good idea! I might actually! A Pierre Hermé recipe book looks very appealing indeed! 😉
ouhhh that sounds really nice, simple and just delicious!!! the great stuff is the short baking time!!!
I`ve justa find your blog, and I love it! I am from Argentina and I love patisserie. Can I still particpate in your chocolate recipe contest?? I want that book so much…….
Bravo! Les photos sont excellentes!!!
It look´s great!
Please tell me about the egg whites…and not breaking them?