What a *cool* idea! That means, I have to think and try to use my memory which is already so quickly fading away. I wonder how many neurones I lose a day while getting older. My rate seems larger than the normal average.
I was delighted to be tagged by Ivonne from Cream Puffs in Venice and participate in 7 Meme. As by what is listed below, you will soon understand what it is all about.
7 Things to Do Before I Die
- Go to Patagonia and also to Asia, Vietnam, Laos, attends (wait!) , where is my list with the
200400 country names on it?
- Climb the Himalaya or any big tall out-of-reach mountain.
- Own my Tart/Tartine/Salad restaurant or/and write a cookbook (I wonder when this will happen)
- Be an amazing photographer (that is, I have to start reading the manuals and remember the camera settings, but at the rate by which my neurones are fading away….)
- Be able to live in a big house with a vegetable garden, own a lap pool (eheh, I am an avid swimmer) and have a backdrop of mountains in the distance and at the same time, have an apartment in Paris (I can still dream considering the real estate prices there!)
- Be able to communicate and understand my hubbie’s English 100% (I think it is his fault, he mumbles).
- Fix my network/PC problems myself without asking P. all the time.
7 Things I Cannot Do
- Once I feel the first sign of hunger, wait until it is ready! ( a glass of wine helps)
- Shut up when trying to convince someone that fat-free, no cholesterol, sugar-free yogurts are crap!
- Eat without putting food on my face. (Not sure why!)
- Go to Sur la Table without buying a cooking/baking gadget of some sort.
- Stop my constant purchasing endless supplies of plates, vases, cups, napkins, tablemats
- Skip a meal
- Stop getting food magazine subscriptions
7 Things that Attract Me to Blogging
- I can talk about food and nobody gets bored and asks me to shut up
- I wake up in the morning dying to see what happened in the food blogosphere at night
- I learn and learn zillions of things about other food bloggers’ stories and great skills
- I can meet people from all around the world with whom I share the same passion : la bonne bouffe (French slang for good food, ie grub)
- I can expand my cooking knowledge thanks to other food bloggers
- I laugh
- I cook
7 Things I Say Most Often
- Attends…(Wait!) Ah bon ? (Really?)
- Come here, I have to show you something
- Do you know what I need?
- You must be joking!
- Euh, ben j’en sais rien, je comprends pas (Euh, I don’t know, I don’t understand)
- I have nothing to wear!
- J’ai un petit creux, pas toi? (I am hungry (peekish), what about you?)
7 Books I Love
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Nord Perdu by Nancy Huston
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson
- La Reine du Silence by Marie Nimier
- Expecting Adam by Martha Beck
- The Penguin Companion to Food by Alan Davidson
7 Movies/DVDs I Watch Over and Over Again
- Un Air de Famille
- Le Festin de Babette
- Le petit monde de Don Camillo
- Stealing Beauty
- Les Visiteurs